Monday, April 18, 2011

To exercise or not exercise?

Do you pack your workout clothes when you travel? Better still, if you do, do you actually work out?

I’ll raise my hand here and admit that I’m one of those that will pack those workout clothes but somehow never actually find the time to work out. That’s one of the reasons I still haven’t lost those 50 pounds I really need to lose (and I even have the nerve to worry that my $100 sneakers make it home safely in my luggage).

This trip has been no different than any other except for one thing … I actually worked out! What was my motivation? I wanted to figure out why I didn’t follow through on exercising while I travel so I decided to do a “science” experiment. On my first morning in Atlanta, I got out of bed at the usual time I would get up at home, 5am, after which I dropped $1.50 for bottled water, made my way to the hotel gym and walked 3 miles on the treadmill. Afterwards I rewarded myself with a Grande no-fat Misto from Starbuck’s.

Know what? That first full day in Atlanta was amazing! I was more alert, focused, ate healthier and had slept better that night than I have ever slept in a hotel room. Needless to say that motivated me to do it again, day after day until my last day in Atlanta. Of course I had to get on the scale and I’ve lost 3 pounds despite enjoying some wonderful southern food!

Now that I love how I feel when I exercise while on the road, you can bet I’ll continue to do it!

On angel wings, T

No comments:

Post a Comment