Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Anticipation, Apprehension and Clarity

I have to come clean. In the preliminary phases of mapping out my travel I get really excited. All the places I’m going to see, the people I’m going to meet and oh the delicious food I’m going to eat! Then about two weeks before I leave that voice in my head starts saying things like “are you insane? You’re going to be gone an entire week! Just imagine how far behind you’ll be when you get back and how long it’s going to take you to catch up!”

Well let me tell you, this time around it hasn’t been like that all. Even that voice in my head has been wonderfully silent. So why is this travel season different?

It’s different because I’ve missed it, I’ve missed Atlanta and all the other places my travels will take me between now and the end of September. Sure there’s no place like home and I’ll still have massive catching up to do but it’s a trade off with an incredible payoff the majority of which is not defined by $$$$.

On angel wings, T

1 comment: