Sunday, May 22, 2011

Success ... The Definition

Yes, I know … I haven’t blogged in forever and it gets even worse, because I’ve already been on another business trip. And guess what? I just got home from yet another trip but this time it was vacation!

Here’s the long and short of it … it took two weeks to dig out from the Atlanta trip. Why? The reason is the same after each trip; it was a success! Between following up that can only be done from the office to the proposals that needed to be written even my uber organized self was barely able to keep my nostrils above water.

Next trip was to Fort Lauderdale and Miami for 3 ½ days of meeting after meeting thankfully at the majority of which there was food (and yes I did work out each day). Again, days upon days to dig out which equaled success!

By the way, are you beginning to wonder if all my business trips are a success? If you define success strictly in $$$$, then the answer is no. I define success as long-term relationships (some of which over the years have turned in to amazing friendships) that ensue on a level only face-to-face time can build, nurture and sustain … the $$$ follows simply because I put first what truly matters … genuinely caring/wanting to help my clients/potential clients. How do you define success?

So fast -forward to here and now, the much awaited trip to Vegas (and no I didn’t get married). This 5-day/4-night trip was my gift to my pretend husband Mark for his 50th birthday. If you know me, you know how I feel about Vegas so when I say we had a BLAST, it’s not because I’m suffering from sunstroke but because we really had a BLAST! I’m actually almost looking forward to going back as much as he is.

Next on the itinerary in about a week or so is South Carolina … can’t wait for those fried pickles!!!!

On angel wings,

T

No comments:

Post a Comment